Every Year, 252 million printer cartridges end up in landfills in the US alone, where they can take up to 1,000 years to decompose.
At Cartridge World, we pride ourselves on providing a truly eco-friendly solution, while minimizing print cost. We are constantly evaluating our products and logistics to ensure we deliver the efficiency & credibility that have won us everyone’s trust .
While the planet's natural resources are limited, our passion, enthusiasm to preserve the environment, and spearheading company practice improvements is in infinite supply.
Facts about impact of cartridges on the environment:
- It takes one gallon of oil to make a new laser cartridge.
- About 70% of used printer cartridges are thrown out.
- Over 75% of waste is recyclable, but we only recycle about 30% of it.
- A laser cartridge thrown into a landfill can take up to 450 years to decompose - some components take over 1,000 years.
- In one year, if the world’s discarded cartridges were stacked end-to-end, they would circle the earth over three times.
Cartridge World values its role as a custodian of the environment. Recycled cartridges ensure these products are re-used rather than contributing to landfill. This is of enormous benefit to the planet, as it is estimated to take upto 450 years for a printer cartridge to break down in landfill.
Cartridge World is proactive in involving themselves in community environmental initiatives in many markets,including cartridge collection programs through schools and businesses, among other local store activities.
Drop off your empty cartridge at our store and help us preserve the environment.
At Cartridge World a global brand in the imaging industry, we provide high quality re-manufactured cartridges, managed print services, printer sales and printing accessories for business and home use.